Industry and Occupational Data Tools
- National, state, and regional employment and unemployment figures released quarterly
- Wages per occupation and income trends
- Location Quotient Calculator for industry employment
- Informational service of the Virginia Economic Development Partnership
- An interactive tool for property and community profile updates as well as to obtain general information specific to economic development in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- REsolution - an interactive mapping tool for use by economic development and workforce professionals. This application allows you to explore the connection between industries and occupations within the Commonwealth, as well as nationally. In addition, there is detailed information on individual occupations, including available education/training resources within a region
- Localities Database for information on specific cities and counties
- Tools for researching industry, occupation, labor market and income data
- Detailed community profiles for cities and counties
- Industry and occupational profiles including:
- Future employment outlook for regions and industry sectors
- Average weekly wages
- Staffing patterns
- Number of establishments and employees in a given area
- Employer and industry location
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
This is a list of report breakouts by geographic origin. The table's lists PTMT patent statistics reports and tables that are available for viewing.
This is a quarterly report of venture capital investment.
Shows establishments and jobs distributed according to three employer categories and four growth stages. It's a baseline data for seeing what types of employers and stages of firm development exist in a region - and their share of establishments and jobs.
Data includes number of firms, number of establishments, employment, and annual payroll. The data are tabulated by geographic area, industry, and enterprise employment size.