GO Virginia Request for Proposals
GO Virginia Region 2 is now accepting applications for their 2018-2019 funding cycle. GO Virginia is a statewide initiative designed to encourage Virginia's economic growth through the creation of high-wage jobs. For FY 2019, there are over $1.2 million in collaborative grant funds available for Region 2 focused projects and over $12 million in statewide competitive funds for multi-regional projects.
The Council anticipates endorsing multiple funding awards at varying amounts. GO Virginia funding seeks to grow jobs that pay higher than the regional median wage ($19/hour or $39,012 annually), and attracts new investment, especially new to Virginia. This requires a focus on industries with high growth potential, featuring in-demand occupations with higher wages. Region 2 is focused on job creation and promotion in four “clusters”: Manufacturing, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Food and Beverage Processing, and Emerging Technology and IT.
Proposed projects should benefit an industry or region as a whole, rather than a single business entity. Projects should emphasize traded sectors and demonstrate an ongoing, region-wide demand for the project or program. Projects also are required to demonstrate strong local match and meaningful local participation and leadership.
Potentially interested applicants are required to submit a 1-2 page letter of interest that could speak to some or all of these points, though applicants are encouraged to submit even if these elements are not yet fully known:
- Includes the name and contact information of the expected primary applicant
- Identifies possible Region 2 jurisdictions to be impacted/involved
- Includes list of likely partners and collaborators
- Provides a brief narrative description of the project (250 words max)
- Identifies likely total costs including anticipated GO Virginia request and matching fund sources
- Includes a clear description of expected outcome or result - clearly describing how the project would spur growth of higher-wage jobs in one or more of Region 2’s priority clusters AND respond to one or more of the identified strategies in the Region 2 Economic Growth and Diversification Plan
The letter of interest process supports possible applicants by eliciting feedback and guidance on the appropriateness of potential projects for GO Virginia funding. Letters of interest should be submitted electronically to: Scott Tate, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
For Potential Applicants
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for GO Virginia funding, contact Scott Tate at email@example.com for feedback and guidance. Our office is here to assist applicants at every stage of their proposal development.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling bias. Please send all letters of intent to Scott Tate at firstname.lastname@example.org.